Robotic Engineers design prototypes, build and test robotic mechanisms and develop control software. They also conduct research to find cost efficient and safe systems and procedures. This career is an amalgamation of many engineering fields.
Starting salary at £27,500 and with more experience can reach £55,500.
Typically 37 to 40 hour weeks working 9am to 5pm time periods
Specialize in areas like self-driving vehicles, space exploration, surgical instruments or deep ocean research.
Skills Valued by Employers
- knowledge of engineering science and technology
- knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware and software
- maths knowledge
- design skills and knowledge
- excellent verbal communication skills
- the ability to use, repair and maintain machines and tools
- thinking and reasoning skills
- complex problem-solving skills
- to be able to use a computer and the main software packages confidently