An accountant provides consultancy, audits accounts and gives reliable information about financial records. It involves financial reporting, taxation, auditing, forensic accounting, corporate finance, business recovery and insolvency, and accounting systems and processes.
Your job is to strategically maximize profitability on behalf of your client or employer.
Starting salary: £30,000.
While training: £60,000.
With chartered status: £84,500
Flexible working hours with overtime at evenings and at weekends is common in order to meet deadlines.
Many work outside public practice, in commerce, industry, financial services, banking and the not-for-profit sectors.
Skills Valued by Employers
- General business interest and awareness
- Determination to study while working
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- A methodical approach to work
- IT proficiency
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Leadership and effective teamworking skills
- Motivation and initiative
- Integrity and trustworthiness.