A cybersecurity job involves risk assessment for the employer. You will be responsible for finding possible vulnerabilities in the company’s website and servers, that might result in a data breach and attacks by hackers.
You will use your coding skills to write software and change existing programmes to update security systems and protect the company.
Student Case Studies
Starting salary £20,000 to £25,000
Senior position £45,000 to £55,000+
Usually 9am to 5pm.
Most of data breaches and hacker attacks (94%) are conducted with the usage of malicious emails - as a cybersecurity analyst your role is to think of and find any possible weaknesses in your company's servers, such as this.
Skills Valued by Employers
- Genuine interest and enthusiasm for IT, especially in cyber security
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good attention to detail and documentation
- Can demonstrate confidence and responsibility
- IT experience
- Positive and enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ approach whilst at the same time recognising the support available from colleagues
- Takes ownership and uses initiative