Electrical engineers are responsible for a variety of different things in a project, from designing, testing to building required components. Part of the role is also office based, where the specifications of a project as well as the technical details, such as sustainability, are discussed among the team. Travel to different development or research sites, or client meetings might be required.
Student Case Studies
Starting salary £20,000 to £25,000
Senior position £40,000 to £45,000+
Usually 9am to 5pm.
With this job you can work in various different environments, such as research faculties, office, workshops or even factories.
Skills Valued by Employers
- Strong knowledge of engineering and mathematics
- Attention to details
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of computers and main software packages
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Persistence and determination