IT technicians usually work with customers and business clients to help them resolve any technical issues present. They usually work for a single company and are responsible for ensuring a smooth run of all devices owned, as well as helping workers with IT issues they find.
They might also be responsible for other, technical or software related roles, such as organization of files or maintaining a database for the company.
Student Case Studies
Starting salary £20,000 to £30,000
Senior position £40,000 to £60,000+
Usually 9am to 5pm.
While being technically related, this job usually does not require coding skills – it is more of a customer service role, however programming abilities might help to progress further in this job.
Skills Valued by Employers
- Customer Service skills
- Strong knowledge of different operational systems
- Knowledge of popular software, such as excel and word
- Knowledge of pc related hardware
- A can-do attitude and proactive approach to work
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Teamwork skills