Artificial Intelligence Developer
Artificial Intelligence (AI) in physics is most commonly used to solve and simplify complex problems, making them easier to understand by scientists. Working in this role requires knowledge of programming languages, as you will be asked to create and develop complex AI models, simulations, and data-processing programmes for analysis of physical theories and experimental data.
In most recent years, the usage of artificial intelligence and machine learning has vastly helped to solve many physical problems and deepened our understanding of complex ideas such as forces in the Universe, climate modelling and properties of fundamental particles.
Student Case Studies
Starting salary £25,000 to £35,000
Senior position £45,000 to £60,000+
Most positions are 9am to 5pm work schedules, sometimes overtime might be needed to complete projects.
Working in this field, you can contribute to new, ground-breaking discoveries in physics, such as when artificial intelligence has helped to discover the Higgs Boson Particle, known as the God Particle, where the AI was used to understand the complex patterns found by researchers.
Skills Valued by Employers
- Strong knowledge of programming languages, focusing on artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to plan and manage the delivery of own work
- Strong mathematical knowledge
- Ability to create and understand complex algorithms
- Experience with data analysis and statistics