Environmental analysists specialize in factors affecting the environment and climate and study their impact on our planet and overall human well-being. Projects can range from small ones, such as being hired to predict the behaviour of a local ecosystem after introduction of new infrastructure, to more global ones, e.g., involving plane or ship pollution of atmosphere and waters.
Their goal is to minimize the human impact on ecosystems and climate, hence extensive analysis of available data using computer software and laboratory equipment is required.
Student Case Studies
Starting salary £25,000 to £30,000
Senior position £40,000 to £45,000+
Usually 9am to 5pm.
This career has a lot of specializations to choose from, such as air pollution, climate change or environmental engineering.
Skills Valued by Employers
- Strong knowledge of the environment and related sciences
- Attention to details
- Experience with data analysis
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical proficiency and knowledge of data analysis computer software